We wish we could deliver flowers and breakfast-in-bed to all you fabulous mothers out there. But we do have a few ideas of things you can do to make your day even more special and memorable. Mother’s Day isn’t all about the gifts after all, right? It’s about celebrating motherhood. Here are 5 ways to do it:
1. Write in your journal. You’ll likely be celebrated and honored by your family members that day, but you can also take time out to ponder on the blessing of being a mother. Express gratitude to Heavenly Father for the gift of being a mother, and write in your journal some of your feelings.
2. Tell your children their birth stories. Children love to hear stories about themselves! Take a few minutes to tell each of your children the story of when they were born and you became a mother. If you weren’t there when they were born, share their adoption story or other special moment they became “yours.”
3. Take a picture. Most moms are usually behind the camera. We aren’t in enough pictures with our kids! Take this special chance to gather your children around and ask someone to take a picture for you. This could be a special tradition. You’ll love having a collection of Mother’s Day photos to look back on over the years.
4. Look at old pictures. Pull out the baby pictures of your children and spend time looking through them together. I love being reminded of the sweet stages my babies have passed through.
5. Read a talk on mothers. The general authorities of the Church have spoken so beautifully about motherhood on many occasions. Take a few minutes to read one of their messages. There is truly no better boost and motivation to be the best mother you can be than reading their words. Here are a few of our favorites: